The inauguration of the Riverdale Police Department in 1923, started with one officer. The first officer & first chief, Harry Padget began what is now an 81 year history of excellence in police work. From those modest beginnings the Department has grown, literally, one officer at a time. Early officers were essentially untrained, and carried a single Army surplus revolver. Today's department personnel utilize the finest equipment the profession has to offer and use it based on a level of training and expertise that is second to none. Currently the Riverdale Police, with 18 State certified officers and a civilian staff of 10 personnel, serve and protect a community rich with business, residents and visitors. Each day as the community grows larger, the Riverdale Police Department expands.
Below you will find some pictures of our officers & equipment from the past
Second Police Chief -
The First Riverdale Police Vehicle - 1946
Chief Gerald R. Beatrice, with police car and equipment
Riverdale Plice Department - Memorial Day 1951
Left to right: Harold V. Gould, Leon F. Hickey, George W. Procter, Chief Emil Card, Robert Brown, John Storms, and Howard Appelt